Saturday, April 20, 2013

Time for a little Scrappin, Sandy style!

Once a month my upline and good friend Sandy host's a consultant playdate where we all get come together and make layouts/art projects/cards to present to our customers. It's basically two clubs/classes per meeting. I usually, infact I dont think I have ever used her designs for my own classes or club...because quiet honestly I have any clubs or classes. I go for the artwork I personally bring home and the time I get to spend with these lovely ladies.  Last evening was consultant club!
 look at those ladies working hard. Missy, Cheryl, Laura, Judy, and on the end is  women I just met and cannot recall her name.
 And Judy smiles!
There's the pretty hostestt and the reason I am so passionate about crafting. Sandy! She and Laura smile for the camera.
Last evening we worked on the paper pack sk8ter boy. Fun papers with everything boy. Sandy some how is able to make even papers that are clearly male...female. Some of these pages had flowers made from pinwheels. here is an example of what we made last evening.
 I almost always come away with ink on my hands! What do i mean almost? I am ALWAYS covered in ink when I get done playing.
 Do I look tired? yes I am, Sandy works us hard and we make tons of stuff in that three-four hour evening. Last night was no exception. She is always taking the art to the next level, by adding color, brads, bling and in this case a couple flowers that remind me of Dr. Suess's Lorax. Our rockets made for one of the male layouts, actually has some serious bling to represent smoke!

 Arn't these great! Sandy is AMAZING!!!! How she keeps on top of all this is beyond me. She has been busy with remodeling her house, doing people's taxes, raising two children, and is still able to prepare for all of her CTMH downlines and customers. Plus she is a GREAT friend, who will be there anytime you need her. I am excited to have my Fridays off in the next few weeks because we always have playdates on Fridays and now I can come during the day and play. Maybe I will actually get some more work done. Although I have been pretty busy playing on my own this last week. I completed six summer layouts as I was inspired by the "brief" warm weather. It's chilly today. I might not be a top salesmen for my Close to My Heart business, but I am increadibly grateful to be a part of this team. Meeting my min. quoata is so worth the fun, the friends and the art I walk away with by being involved. My monthly consultant club, and any activities that Sandy pulls us into is always fun and totally creative. Kicking myself for pulling out of the summer convention this year to Disney. We ALWAYS have lots of fun at convention, but the finances were just not there when the booking began. Next time I guess. In the meantime, I will continue to support my own habit, encourage my friends to help me support my business and maintain my love for my team "Hearts a Flutter" and enjoy the people CTMH has brought into my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment