Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Jellystone Camping Part II

We had a nice warm night in our little cabin, and decided to indulge in a little homemade cinnamon buns that were being offered at the camp store for Breakfast. They were warm and yummy too! Mark broke down and bought some coffee and coffee mugs to make our morning so much easier. It wasn't until I looked in the cabin cabinet that I found coffee cups already available that we felt foolish about it, but now we have two more coffee mugs to add to our trip taking coffee mug collection.
After our delish breakfast, the boys decided they wanted to check out the playground. Off they headed, as I wondered off with the dog behind them. The playground was not to far from our cabin, and the boys beat me there only by seconds. They played and climbed and pretended for about 45 minutes, and headed back to the cabin with going swimming on their minds.

They had lots of fun, and we all headed back to the cabin to explore the idea of taking a dip in the "heated" pool. All activities started at 10am, so we had some time to kill and prepared for the ice cold dip. I wasn't about to take that icy plunge, but I know if I was a 10 year old kid, I would have been right in there ready to go.
 Hanging out waiting for the 10am activities open call. I was surprised that Gavin couldn't hardly wait to jump in that cold pool. He and I went up before the rest of the crew. He got right in. Surprise! we had the pool all to ourselves. I sat on the side covered in towels. Alex and Ben caught up with us shortly after.

 Alex jumped right in as well.

 Ben took it a little slower until Mark showed up and taunted him. Ben's reply, "I don't see you getting in.". Mary and Will arrived shortly after and also joined in the fun. The mom's

sat directly under the SUN...what little came out, shivering and holding beach towels over our chilled body.
Needless to say they all got in, but the swimming fun didn't last to long, and soon we were joined by a few other boys. I insisted that both my boys get warmed up with a hot shower and change before we headed back to the cabin for our next big adventure.
Working on being warm, we spent a little time in the cabin, I read while the boys played games. We had lunch and soon saw Tami's family at their site beginning to set up camp for themselves. I headed over and said my hello's. Then we walked down to Mary's trailer to get her moving again. I think we woke up her hubby, he had some bed head going on.  
Having coffee at Mary's trailer.
Mary's boys eating lunch. Alex and Will, I think this is the only picture I got of Will the entire weekend and he has his hand over his face. Will and his dad Brian are home bodies and spent most of the weekend in their trailer.  We did some warming up and game planning for the next big event of the day. CANDYBAR BINGO starts at 2pm, and we were so READY for it. Last year Mary's son Alex and my two boys took the sweep and all three of them won at least once and Ben scored the grand prize of 30 candy bars. We had a little time to kill and Tami and I decided it was after 12pm so we could take in a little of my Adults only juice, before we entertained the idea of candy bars.
My vodka and fruit punch concoction. It did the duty, and by the time we headed to BINGO, I was feeling nice and warm, a little silly too! 
 The boys in the loft. Gavin, Adler, and Alex.
 Let the Games begin.
 Here we all are ready for some Bingo. Each board cost a candy bar or $1.35. So wishing I had bought a bad of Hershey bars like I usually do. I paid cash instead.
 Alex looking a little confused about the BINGO board. Below Allie and I pumping good luck into our BINGO boards.

They called the wrong numbers all day. No one at our table won, and all three of the mom's had to sit down when they called 43 in the age Bingo game. We walked away LOOSERS, my BINGO boys finally broke their winning streak. (They decided then and there we were going again right before we left on Monday for one last chance at redemption).
We walked back feeling defeated and discussed what was next on the daily plan. I caught a picture of the geese on the pond as we walked by. The boys decided they wanted to check out the pedal cars and laser tag and off they went. Allie posed next to Yogi for me.
 I missed all of the other kids on the pedal carts, and Ben refused to let me get a picture of him on it. Aldler tried to help me.
 Got one!
Entertaining themselves as they wait in line for laser tag. Allie does a split. The parents and I watch from the park benches and let the dogs go wild in the good dog park. We were all a little annoyed at the guy who let his dogs go reporting they were a "little" aggressive. Peanut wanted nothing to do with it.
 They finally got their laser guns and were off to defend the universe.

 Ben spent most of the game in the tires, while Gavin was all over the course. Allie lingered behind and still took some of the most kills. At the end Gavin announced his game name was James Bond.

When the final kill was made, we were still confused about who beat who. I guess there was no winners or losers just plain old fun. Mary and Brian took a stroll on a wooded path, while the rest of us headed back to home camp to refill drinks and make decisions about dinner. Mark headed up the hill, the boys got their Birthday Boo Boo club gifts; Gavin got a growing washcloth with Boo Boo on it, and Ben picked out a Boo Boo yoyo. We had hotdogs for dinner, Mark built a fire and we invited the friends over for some campfire fun. The boys hid in the cabin loft playing games. I am thinking next trip we are not bringing the x-box.

 Roasting Marshmallows by the fire.

 Allie, Rich, and Allen.

 Tami, Keeping warm. Keeping Peanut warm. Even next to the fire it was FREEZING. We invited the Cary's to sleep in our cabin for the night. Only one volunteered and it was Alder. He was having to much fun with the boys to go to a tent. Tami, Mary and I consumed adult beverages and the kids ate s'mores. Even Brian and Will came out to join us.

We kept the fire going and Allen, (an eagle scout) told us we had no dignity by sleeping in a cabin. I was fine with that. Cold is COLD no matter what the dignity. Having had enough etho in my system and a nice warm cabin to crash in, we all fell asleep and the day was done. Plan was to wake up early and head to Niagara Fall's tomorrow. Better get some shut eye. Part Three to be presented tomorrow.