Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lights on the Lake at Onondaga Lake Park Liverpool, NY

On Sunday evening, Kelly, her son Matt, Gavin and I went to Heid's of Liverpool for dinner then headed over to Lights on the Lake for a little Holiday festivities.


Heids never fails for its GOOD food.

I think I have had at least one trip to Heids posted on this blog, but it's truly a staple of the Liverpool area and Man vs Food was here to talk about how yummy the dogs are.

 Gavin had his favorite; CHEESE FRIES. He had a cookie too, which I had a piece of and it was good.
 Mat had a Reds Hot Dog with all the toppings and chili cheese fries.
Kelly had the Cooney, and I had my Heid's regular Hot Dogs with ketchup Yep, I do not add the traditional to my Hot dog! No mustard, relish or onions here.
Just across the street from Heid's is Onondaga Lake Park and Lights on the Lake. Two miles of lighted characters spans the length of the park and has been a family tradition since my older kids were little.

I pre-ordered my ticket and saved $9- on our Sunday night admission price. HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU PRE-ORDER YOUR TICKETS. You can go anytime the event is open to cars and it is such a savings. Pre order tickets before the annual lights on the lakes starts sometime in November from Wegmans.
 Wishen we had picked up a cup of Peppermint before we went in from D&D for a special treat. Maybe next time. We did have, even after Christmas the ability to listen to Holiday Music as we traveled through the lighted roadway.


These two characters were waiting by the admission gate to say hello. This was the first time I had seen the octopus, but Santa Mouse has been there before. Other trips have also had the big cheese Santa himself.

Lights on the lake is so PRETTY. The multiple pictures I took, in the rain no less, do not truly display how beautiful it is to be surrounded by all the colorful lights surrounding your vehicle.

Simply enjoy the following pictures.







 Otto the Syracuse Orange Mascot (above) and the Tornado (below) are new this year. Most of the displays have been in place for years. It's always fun to see and recognize the new lights.

And after a twister,  there is always a RAINBOW.....
 .......and who best to be seen waiting at the Yellow brick road?



These guys of course; The Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion and Dorothy.




I tried movies, but realized that I had stopped when I thought I had hit record.
I got a whole lotta notin.



We all had a great time. Kelly and I had a few cocktails once we got home and my Elf on a shelf got a little CRAZY once we all went to bed.

Isn't he suppose to be heading back to Santa's house til next year? Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment