Sunday, April 13, 2014

Goodbye my friend, you have reminded me to live life.

There has been so many other things going on in my life these last few weeks that I haven't had much time to go anywhere. I found out last Saturday that my dear Friend Lisa had loss her battle against cancer. I am grateful that we had that day together in Jan. Glad we were able to catch up. Sad that her life was taken so short. I know she fought hard to beat this disease. Her attitude was always positive. She always had a big smile on her face and kept everyone laughing with her contagious humor. Her own laughter was enough to make anyone smile. It's hard to say you will miss someone that you have not had in your life for so long, but I will always treasure the memory of the times we shared. Rest in Peace my dear friend, your memory will live on in my heart and my mind.

Death has a way of putting things in perspective.  Sadly it is only when we face death that we realize such. These last few weeks, I have been angry with my husband and had decided to passive-aggressively show him this. My stand-off's are usually broken when I surrender, but this time I vowed he would have to crack. He did and although he was wrong I was too. My anger is so insignificant in reference to the bigger picture, and loss reminds me of this. We all only have today, this moment in time, do I want to risk missing an opportunity to show my love ones I care or hold my ground on "being right"? We have since made amends, and I am working on appreciating these moments.

Lisa I will forever remember your smiling face. Your crazy attitude and all of the fun times we shared growing up. I will never forget school days, roller skating parties, boys and singing to Michael Jackson. I will always remember wild parties in the woods, sneaking through my bedroom window, and having you in my life like a real sister. I will remember the days when you lived with me and helped me when I was a single mom. Remember your funny jokes and zany antics. Although you are gone from this plane I know you are smiling from above, laughing at my foolish ways...and remembering us too. God Bless my dear friend you will forever be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment