Monday, June 30, 2014

Not so exciting week to speak of...


This past week has been pretty BORING. Monday evening I worked. It was nothing exciting. Tuesday, a trip to my Dr's. and finding out that every problem I am having is related to my Thyroid.
I have a disease called  "Hashimoto's disease, Hashimoto's thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease, a disorder in which the immune system turns against the body's own tissues. In people with Hashimoto's, the immune system attacks the thyroid. This can lead to hypothyroidism, a condition in which the thyroid does not make enough hormones for the body's needs." Information was taken from web MD. Basically the only thing I can do is get my thyroid working properly again. Worst outcome....I have to take medication for the rest of my life...Best outcome...I will recover!!!
Grateful to finally have an answer and even more grateful that things will get better. I am still having some ankle swelling, but for the first time in weeks I feel good!!!
Tuesday evening my parents celebrated Mark's Birthday and we all had dinner at TGIF's in the mall. This has somehow become my parents place for ALL family member's birthdays. I am not sure why, but I am a big fan of the chicken crusted pecan salad so...whatever works.




I was NOT prepared for the Birthday wishes, so my pictures are awful... sorry. Mark hates celebrating his Birthday, so having singers was double the embarrassment.
 Nick.
My parents.
Nick was the only child that made it to dinner. Gavin reported he did not feel well, Ben was at his moms, and Lexi was off doing Lexi things. WE all do LOVE you really we do. Plus we did have a birthday celebration ON his actual birthday too.
Despite the singing, I think he enjoyed the ice cream.
Wednesday was 1/2 day for Gavin from school and I was off to work an evening shift on the inpatient unit.
I signed up for the Library's Adult summer reading program.

Gavin was NOT interested in joining the kids this year, and there is no sense in forcing him, so I went myself before I had to get to work. I lucked out and found two of the book I wanted. Girl Gone by  Gillian Flynn and The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd. The invention of wings is on Oprah's book club list. They are two very different books, so I have been flipping back and fourth with them. The Invention of Wings is due back tomorrow, and I am only 1/2 done so I have tons to make up.
BOTH BOOKS ARE GOOD so far!!!
Work sucked....
Thursday was Gavin's last day of school for summer vacation. We took a dip in the pool, I did some shopping and pretty much enjoyed a peaceful lazy day reading my books.
Friday I worked inpatient during the day. I spent the entire day doing what no one else wanted to do, while several of the staff went off to the company Summer BBQ's. I submitted my resignation that day! Was it the straw that broke the camels back...naw...but it solidified everything.
 I do have to commit to my 30 day policy and have agreed to work tonight to cover the company business picnic, and one hour shift to cover a friends group next week. I do not expect to work any additional hours unless I have to to get my vacation pay. As I type I feel incredibly FREE'd!!!
I have an interview tomorrow, and I am hopeful.
Friday evening we all just lounged around..in fact the whole weekend we all just lounged around. I definitely did NOT curse the pool this weekend and spent most of my time enjoying it and the outside.
Here are some of my Sunday morning blessings I caught as I read the paper and enjoyed coffee.



Church Sunday morning and more peace the rest of the day.
Sunday night I watched my once favorite of all times show, True Blood.

 The last few seasons and this one has strayed so far from the book series and has gotten so out of control, I more watch out of past loyalty and my love of the relationship I have developed with the characters over the years. So far this season has been less then entertaining and even my beloved favorites are not so alluring anymore. I suppose I will continue to watch....sometimes my dedication to my shows are as dysfunctional as my commitment to my job...hoping for something better to materialize I guess.
 The boys and I were suppose to head off to the beach today, but there is overcast in the sky's. I might just find myself a seat on the patio and read the day away before I have to head in for my coverage this evening.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment