Tuesday, March 28, 2017

One very busy week in March...In like a LION? or at least a WITCH.

Home/Central NY
March 2017

My week had started off ANGRY! Monday morning, Hubby decided we should skip the gym, Im not one to protest that recommendation at 4am.  I had an argument with my 14 yr old son about waking up to go to school. fruit juice from my fruit cup sprayed out all down my front like a waterfall of sticky syrup during breakfast, and I got into a battle of wills with one of my clients first thing at work. The rest of the day could only get better right? After my not so nice conversation call with my client, I made several attempts to connect with the local Department of Social Services only to get the run around. When I finally got a human voice mail my irritation was at it's peak and the poor recipient of my message got an earful. My angry client of earlier in the day called an additional three times leaving increasingly abusive voice mails and he called two supervisors.
By lunch time I had had enough. Luckily my Social Service calls had delayed my appointment and once I did get a hold of him to report I would be late, he wasn't available anyway. I can be grateful that I didn't get to his home to find out that he wasn't there, that would have set me into a RAGE after the morning I had.
Blessed I was  that two of my co-workers who begrudging listened to my rank about my morning events and willing to break any Monday diet plans were available to do a lunch outing. This was just what I needed to remove myself from the crazies I was feeling.
Renee, Amiee and I had a nice calorie free (not) lunch at Stella diner, before returning back to the office for a much better afternoon..
Despite a break and an easy afternoon, I simply could not shake my anger. I managed to make it home have an early dinner before my sign language class and was soon heading back to the city. Class was uneventful. I learned a few more words, but my fingers must have been feeling stressed as well as I couldn't seem to get them to cooperate.
Home again, my anger still bubbling my hubby got the last few words of my irritant, I was finally done. WOOOOOSH!!!! There must be some way to NOT let myself get to that point of where some minor actions around me allow me to get such an out of control feeling. I decided to BLAME the  missing 4am gym routine.

On a positive note I got my Farmgirl sisterhood package. I am officially a Farmgirl and have a patch to prove it. I have already started working on a few badges. One badge is to start a blog....HUMMM...I wonder if this counts? I might have to check the rule book on that one. If I can use this blog....I may start to show everyone my new found skills in between traveling. I guess we shall see.

  I have decided to started a blog dedicated to everything domesticated The Scrappy Owl. 

Tuesday went much better. Although waking my 14 year old up in the morning continues to be a nightmare. I made it to the gym at 4am. Did my workout and had some time to kill before I had to run off to work. :Love that I can slowly pace myself in the morning. 
Barb and I conversed on meeting for the Wicked performance and decided to have dinner 1st. 
We met and had a wonderful dinner at Pastabilities.

This restaurant in downtown SyracUIKEYINPUTDOWNARROWuse has been discussed often. Several of my friends worked there back in the day, I just never seemed to get myself out to enjoy a meal. Well tonight was the night.
The red hot oil and stretchy bread was so good. Although there was a burger choice, I had to have pasta afterall. Its is Pastabilities. I decided on a bowl full of hand made fettuccine noodles with Alfredo sauce.  

 Definitely worth the experience and the price.
We had a little time after our meal to slowly walk the street before the performance, although nothing against Syracuse....but by the time we got to the theater, I had my fill of people begging from me. It was almost nonstop. I know you need $, but I simply want to enjoy my evening,,,,please.

At one point Barb and I attempted to connect one guy with a food pantry and she gave him her card. 

 We finally made it to the theater and got a quick pic in front of the trucks parked out on the streets.

I had seen Wicked before and Barb had gone just last week with her niece and nephew. A one time experience is still not enough....even after this show I would go again. AMAZING! Both female leads knocked it out with their singing voice. I purchased a Wicked Magnet and a stuffed flying monkey. In hind sight I am really wishing I had purchased the CD soundtrack the music was beautiful.  

Our seats were not to bad. Balcony upper center. That was until a very tall man sat right in front of me. I was able to view the stage with my head bent to the right the whole night. Didn't matter....the show was INSANE!!! The last time I saw it I was third row...but I didn't recall the performance being as incredible as this one. I cannot rave enough about this show. Its no wonder it is so "popular" . (referencing one of the songs.) LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!!!!

The rest of the work week seemed to go fairly well. Things seemed to go as expected and I found I was not so stressed as I had been on Monday. 
I have been meditating at least 10 minutes every day. This was prompted by the FarmGirl Merit badge suggestion. The meditation did not seem to help me on Monday, but I have been trying to seek some relaxation to de-stress, (See my merit badge progress on Meditation at The scrappy Owl blog.)

Wednesday I was never so grateful to have my evening free of any activities. Thursday went smooth, there were no demands, Mark and I hit the gym at 4am the rest of the week and by Friday I was back to myself again. 
7 of the 12 Bunco members. I can't remember all of the gals names. 

Friday evening I played my first team Bunco. My friend Regina from high school had posted on facebook she was attempting to develop a bunco team and needed 12 committed members. Well I said "ME ME ME...and Renee too," although she did not know I was including her at the time.  She was okay with it!
I had only played a few times before, so I needed some basic's to recall the game rules. It didn't take long and I was "in the game"!!! For a bit I was on a winning streak! 6 wins in a row....that didn't last too long. I did however score three bunco's and two were in a row!!!! Whoop Whoop! There were only 8 of us this evening so we did more of a practice evening. No cash winners tonight! We should have an ongoing monthly game night starting in April. I met some very nice women and we did have a heck of a good time. I, apparently am much to animated or incessantly competitive....  I simply could not contain any winning excitement and shazbots on any of my opposers who may have taken the game from me.  

After Bunco, Renee and I stopped at Sandy's house for Sheila's goodbye party. Most people at this party were feeling pretty good!(there was a lot of alcohol being served.) We said our goodbyes and good luck and made our way out the door!  

Saturday continued to be busy. Mark, his mother and I had an early date at the 
Toyota dealer. It appears I will have another new to me Rav4 by Friday!!!! Mark and I have joked often that I have never had a car payment. My first car my dad paid for, It was a 88 electric blue mustang.  I somehow acquired a jeep at one point, my moms' old Subaru,  then my dads old red Nova (oddly its the one car I think of as being the best in the CNY snow), After the kids were born I bought an old car with cute gillie decals all over it....it never passed inspection and I ended up selling her for a mere $75-. During my single parent and poor days, I saved up twice to buy two mini-vans over the years it was just me and my older kids. Both worked out just fine. 
Right after I got married I actually got my very first brand new car. It was a Kia Sportage. Then I found out I was pregnant and realized three kids could have fit, but four including a baby seat...NOPE! I had her for a very short time and Mark paid for her. I inherited his mini-van. This lasted some time before the door refused to open and the battery shot the bed. I then got my very first lease,....and yes it was a mini-van. Mark paid for this too.  Every single car there after has been the auto traded in, returned or passed on to. I will be getting my third Rav4 all of which were originally owned by either my mother in law or my husband. Mark will be paying for this as well. So I don't complain...and I really don't mind. Its my lucky day...I get a brand new to me car! That works well!

Saturday evening Mark and I went to the Turning Stone for the Sapphire Dinner. 

 We played some slot machines and LOST, before heading to the VIP room for a few snacks and cocktails (Okay so I had the cocktails.) for some reason when I just lost at the games...I am compelled to drink as many of those "free" alcoholic beverages as possible. (Compensation, I guess.)
Up next we headed to the dinner. It was very nice indeed...and a few more of those "free" cocktails.
 Dessert was tiramisu (spelling?) I just found the one dessert I do not care for.  The canoli's were yummy however.

After our meal we headed back to the gaming floor. The place was PACKED!!! Finding an open machine was a chore. I finally found a video poker machine requested $30- from hubby and told him to come find me later. I can usually make $30- last for hours at a video poker game.....I pushed one button.....Lost!!! and I was suddenly $25- down. I'm not sure what I did or what had happened but I was bitter!!! Damn machine. I took one stinking hit. Well that was it for me, and Mark wasn't doing much better, We left stuffed, and broke!!!!Those gaming people sure know what they are doing. This is why I write FREE in quotations. 
Somewhat defeated we headed home with plans to meet up with some friends to listen to a country band play at a local pub. This was CA so Mark and I enjoyed a little tv time before CRASHING!

Sunday I had a few guests at my place for some crafty fun. Although we did more talking then crafting. I think I was the only one who made any progress on my paper supplies. I went through old albums and added journaling to several of my pages. Although I journal everyday in my day planner and I enjoying blogging, I never seem to get journaling done on my scrapbook layouts. Its always been that way. Not sure why. 
Megan, Aimee and Renee came over to hang out for most of the day. No pictures were allowed as we all confessed to lack of a shower that morning and looked less then picture ready. I of course do not care....but I did respect the requested wish. 
Sunday evening Mark and I enjoyed leftovers for dinner and watched a silly movie "Pop Star." Soon he was sound asleep and I crawled in to bed myself, I fell asleep watching "The walking Dead." Busy week....on to the next! Happy Travels