Sunday, December 31, 2017

Bunco and Billiards!!!!

Central NY
December 29 2017-December 30th 2017

Work week went quickly, I only was in the office three days. Still don't know where the time went.

I took Friday off and enjoyed the time crafting and relaxing. Friday evening was my Bunco Holiday party. What an Insane BUnch!!!


Some of the women were trying the Jelly Belly game. Stephanie got rotten fish or something as closely disgusting. Ewe!!!!

 Mixed drinks and shots were soon being passed out.

 This was where I should have stopped before I started. There was also a ton of food......Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, I really didn't eat much. Most of my consumption was in the spirits.
 I tried to get pictures of everyone's BUNCO face!

Kristen

Tricia

 Susan
 Annette hiding

 Michelle
 Dina and Tina
 Laurie
 Olivia
 Stephanie and Renee

Susan, Annette and Renee

 Brenda
 Dina and her daughters
Christina 

 Regina

A few more antics.....





 After two rounds of Bunco. (I did not win...BTW) We held a Holiday gift exchange.

I'm not sure of the name of the game, but we had to roll three die to see what we would get. I know one was keep, one was pass to the left/right one was steal. At any rate it was CRAZY fun.














My roll ended me with all steal. I took a dinner set, a candle holder and an unopened Crystal Christmas tree. Kristen had obtained this soft Owl blanket and pillow set. She graciously traded with me for my dinner set. How nice of her. 
 I spent most of Saturday recuperating from Friday's antics. Reminding myself that a bottle of wine and a few shots....is NOT recommended.....EVER AGAIN.
Somehow I was well enough by Saturday evening to get myself out of the house and connect with some more friends.

Mary's husband Brian and a friend of theirs had purchased and remodeled a Pool Hall in North Syracuse. The Brick House http://brickhousebilliardscny.com/

I posted the link. Mary reported that word of mouth and facebook are the only means of advertisement. The place was pretty packed for a snowy Saturday evening. We all had fun. Food was good, company was better.


I didn't play pool, but Mark and Ben did. (I forgot to tell you Ben got in Friday night) Yeah! 

 Instead of pool playing I visited with these ladies. Feels like forever since I saw Mary and Mindy. A few burgers, (No alcohol was ingested by me.) some catch up time and the evening was complete. We all agreed we need to spend more time together. All of our kids are nearly grown up.

In between bites of food, we caught up on how everyone is doing.

All four of us have boys about the same age and when they were little played together, Now they don't even talk to one another. WOW.
Carol son(Tyler) is at John Fisher College. He's a freshmen there and plays football. Her son (Stephen) is a freshmen at a local high school and active in wrestling.
Mindy's son (Luke) is a year older then Gavin and is in the 10th grade. (He is into sports as well.)
Mindy also has a daughter (Maddie) in 3d grade she has the youngest child of all of us.
Mary has two boys (Will and Alex) Will is working at grocery store and Alex is in 9th grade.
My younger two are the same ages as these boys. Ben (home from Florida) where he attends Florida Institute of Technology and Gavin 9th grade.
I'd say we still look pretty "hot" for pushing 50.
What a wonderful way to spend one of my last days of 2017. Plan to see each other more often in 2018!!!

Happy New Year!!!! TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment