Thursday, July 12, 2018

Birthday Fun, Banging around the house, Work?

Week of June 21-June 28th 2018
 
The weekend was fun with camping, but there it was back to real life. I did make a few decisions over the this week, and one of them is I absolutely have to quit my job and commit to the schooling. I am SO close. Now I just have to get an internship going and apply to school for the course work needed. It's a decision I hope is not a mistake, for as much as I have struggled with my career choices, this has been my absolutely favorite position......sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.
 
Anyways....June 21 was Mark's Birthday. We celebrated with dinner at Applebees. His mother joined us.  We also were able to score a end of dinner Birthday dessert although, I had cake for him at home too.
 
 

The 23's was Renee's Birthday, we celebrated with a Paint and Sip night at Painting with a Twist. Several familiar faces were there, but also some good old friends I have not seen in awhile. (Mindy) was there to enjoy the evening with us.
Here's the gang.
Happy Birthday to Renee. barb joined us too.
and pictures of the final product. I made my moon round. I tried so hard to make it a silver moon, but it looked so silly. I finally just painted a circle.
It was so much fun!



The rest of the weekend was spent at the pool cleaning and getting the yard addressed. Still need to get the solar lights set up in the ground, but looking good. You can't tell I stained that deck last year can you. (WOW)
 
On Wednesday evening Aimee and I met with old co-worker Sandy at Eva's Polish restaurant in Solvay, NY.  

I had potato pancakes for dinner...



and a cream puff for dessert. Isn't this arranged so lovely?
Sandy has been at her new position now for a few months so it was a treat to meet and catch up. She is enjoying the new position and what she is doing there. She is providing Assessments for substance users for court and treatment recommendations.
I have been "busy" at work.....I found an app on my phone and had some time to be silly! 



Mark and I had date night, dinner at Cheesecake Factory (we finally used our Christmas Gift Cards from 2 Christmas's past.) Then we watched the movie Deadpool II. I really enjoyed it.

Great fun. Keeping busy.....TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment