Friday, August 16, 2013

Flash Back Friday: Mid-Hudson Children's Museum 2009

This week has been so busy with me working, I had to come up with a Flashback that wasn't to difficult to write on or to long. I decided on a trip from 2009 I took with my youngest.

I had made an entry a few weeks back on the UFO's in Pine Bush, and this was one of the same trip. When I lived in the area several years ago, I went to school at Marist College near Pookeepski, NY, near the school there was this little Children's museum and some additional historical sites further north. Gavin and I took ourselves up the Northway from Middletown, NY and our hotel to seek out some fun.
The Mid-Hudson Children's Museum from the outside presented with some fear of disappointment. I was convinced as we walked in that we were going to find a poor excuse for a museum, and that we would quickly be moving on to the next attraction. We were surprised to find that this small unattractive museum had several fun things to entertain us with.
We have both been to several children's museums, including my personal favorite; The Indianapolis's Children's Museum, which is one of the biggest I have ever seen, as well as some of the local to the CNY area museums like the MOST in Downtown Syracuse, (which, btw, is fabulous if your ever in the area), and the Children's Museum in Rochester (also a family favorite and highly recommended). I also recommend the Children's Science Center in Ithaca, NY.
The Mid-Hudson Children's museum may have not been as big or as flashy as some of the above mentioned, but Gavin and I sure had a good time.
 There was a rock climbing wall, and a gigantic bubble, that you could put yourself in.
There was dress up, and a play radio station, and so many things for a kid to do. Gavin and I played for several hours, before we decided to head north again and explore our next destination of the mini vacation that weekend.
Next stop was to the Teddy Roosevelt National Park. (I tried to find pictures and couldn't so I will save that part of the trip for another time. )
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment