Thursday, January 9, 2014

Ice Skating at Sunnycrest.

 I played girls hockey as a kid and we were one of the only female teams for miles. It was quite rare for girls to play. Most of our games were in Canada or in the north country. I absolutely loved those days, so it was natural that I  pushed my kids to learn and enjoy ice skating. My oldest had hockey skates before he could walk. He never turned out to be a professional hockey player, he didn't even play. When he did skate he always seemed to have spaghetti legs. My daughter was much to "girly" to even wear a pair of hockey skates much less become my female player, but we always enjoyed our times at the ice rink.

Ben has no interest in skating neither has my husband, my youngest has gone a few times and over the past few years he and I have made it at least 4-5 times a season. This year we decided to hit our regular Wednesday afternoon open skate at Sunnycrest in Syracuse's east side.

Wednesdays are FREE and I have my own skates so it cost me $3- for the both of us for the afternoon.

Gavin struggled with the skates and finding the right size, my feet almost instantly started to cramp.

We didn't make it very far in the rink, only a few times around. I am not going to give up. There is FREE skating on Monday evening at Clinton Square Downtown and I am going to try and get my elder kids to go too.

We had a pretty good time despite the skate and feet issue.

Here is a picture of the blue line. I have been busy with my 365 capture your photo challenge. Yesterdays theme was "blue" I went with this one instead.  Can you guess what it is?


Here has been the last few days this week.

6/365: Unique
I thought about using this one as Unique, but Riley's eyes were much more unique then mine.

7/365: Natural Treasure
Todays theme is "where I stand" not sure what I am going to do for that one. Well I am off on another adventure. I am actually going to attend an RV show. A girl can dream can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment