Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Count down to Disney.....and is there a new continent trip in my future?

Central NY
April 13-20th

     On Friday, my co-workers were chanting "6 more days." Yes it is only 6 more days until Stefanie, Aimee and I make our way South towards Orlando and a week of Sunshine and Disney fun. As they were chanting....I was only thinking about the massive work ahead of me. Oh dear.... my school paper  is due the week we will be gone, and I do not want to do it on the road.
This means the weekend will be stuck with my face in the computer and my fingers tapping away at the keys. I MUST get it done before I leave and preferably before the weekend is up.
I dedicated both Saturday and Sunday to working on this last paper with complete success. I still have some kinks and some proof reading, as well as adding my addendum but I will be ready to send this baby in no later then my last class this Thursday. Then I can be done for the semester and on to my next big educational adventure. (What that is? It is not clear yet.)

This week will be difficult....the days before a vacation always seem to be don't they. We have a few things planned to roll out and I have to present to the staff at some point on Thursday. I have also apparently signed up to present at my son's school on Thursday as well. Lets not forget that Thursday is my last class too. I leave for Florida Friday morning at 4am. Yep...the week is looking better every minute. Thursday will be HELL!!!!!

On the other side of Hell is heaven and it looks like my mother has made some future plans for the two of us that sounds very heavenly. My mother turns 70 this year...I turn 50 next year. So it was discussed that a trip should be arranged. My mother stated she wants to go to Australia and New Zealand. Nice.....yes very. but like most grand plans, I thought this is just travel talk. Especially when I remarked about needing Xanax for the 22 hour long flight...... Well the talking has gone steps further and my mother has began plans. YES plans. She has apparently found some all inclusive 22 day adventure spanning over both the best of Australia and New Zealand including snorkeling at the great barrier reef. WOW.....This being said. I have some serious planning and saving, and thinking to do. SO WE SHALL See...

I made it through Monday...Tuesday was better, we celebrated Barb's Birthday early as some of us would be in Florida or the Care Managers Conference on her actual Birthday. (I am missing my very first Care Manager Conference this year) Renee is rooming with Stacey(my forever roommate) and both have been teasing me that I am not going and will not be rooming with Stacey. Next year.....I get her back!!!!
(Here's a picture of the two of them...they had stolen my phone for the shot!)
At dinner I got a seat next to Stacey.........


We celebrated Barbs Birthday at Delmonico's. I had never been there before, it was charming and the food was good.







 Happy Birthday Barb!!!!!








They even took a picture of all of us.....

We had a good time. I am so loving this tradition we have created with one another. Celebrating Birthdays......

I spent some time this week packing and re-packing. The truth is...my summer clothing just do not fit the same as last year. Proof positive I NEED to get on that better eating thing quick. Mark and I had made a gallant effort to get to the gym each morning, but as happened to many times before, we have gotten lazy and missed several days. I have decided to focus on getting through this week (my paper and new job) and my vacation and PUMPING it up when I get back home. 
I spent over $75- on snacks for our road trip and I'll be damned if I am going to let those goodies go to waste. 
It has NOT felt like spring or warmer weather here. We actually had BIG chunks of snow falling yesterday and some schools were delayed on Monday. Its MID April for goodness sake. Mark had gotten the summer clothing out, and started a winter bin. I reported I still needed my winter coat, I was NOT wrong. 
WE HAVE ALL HAD ENOUGH OF THIS WHITE STUFF and THE COLD!!!!!! 

I had a difficult time getting my paperback from my course and as I am leaving for Florida and missing my last class, I reported to my professor that I would need to have the paper to complete my next assignment. It took awhile and I had since finished my Paper. (Yippee) Due to the delay in returning my paper, she offered me an extension. I can hand it in before May 7th. I am a little Apprehensive..... Do I turn it in as is???? Or take the extension and submit it after I return from vacation? I soooo have this decision. On one hand, I will have an extra two weeks to iron out any snags, but on the other hand...I WANT TO GET THIS DONE AND OVER WITH!!!!
I still haven't decided. I have until Thursday at 1 pm to commit.  
For now.....I plan to address any bumps in my current paper so its ready to go.....I've got some things to address with my job this week before I leave too. I really just want everything to be done and set so I do not have to think about it while I am enjoying Micky Mouse....
Countdown it NOW.....just two more days and I will be on my way to VACATION!!!!!! BUT CAN I MAKE it through today and tomorrow? 
My next post will be post Florida.......until then. TTFN!


No comments:

Post a Comment