Friday, August 17, 2018

Catch up and Aimee's Birthday

August 2018


The last few weeks have been difficult. Mark's medical concerns had several of our vacation plans canceled. He seems better, but we are keeping an eye out. (Not the best time for me to have plans of quitting my job.)I have been frantically taking care of the things I need to take care of before my job ends, and school starts up. I have continued to run into roadblocks with the schooling. It has been at best discouraging, and worst DEVASTATING.

As my dates to start the course work and my internship approach, it appears that I do not officially have placement. I have two weeks before class starts and I NEED placement before the course begins. It is not looking good. Current plans are no changes. My last day of work is Aug. 24th and if all goes well, I will be in school Aug. 27th with my internship running smooth.

IF NOT.....I have 4 months to find placement and return to school in the Spring semester. Of course this is not what I would want to happen, but at least its an option.

I am not going to flood this pleasant trip spot with my bitterness about the whole situation, but SOMEONE DROPPED THE BALL.....!!!!

Despite the vacation canceled, Aimee spent some time at our house last weekend. I did some cleaning, caught up on some good Stephen King novels and spent a ton of time in the pool.

Otherwise...... Alexis passed her school entrance exams, and flew off to Vegas for a girls vacation. (This girl takes after her mother.) Ben started back to school this past week in Florida. Nick received a bonus at work and Gavin is spending these last few summer days like all 15 year old boys....staying up real late and sleeping all day.

Mark got another Cruise voucher. If it is doable...2019 will have at least two cruises and I think I am suppose to spend most of November in Australia and New Zealand. Maybe its in my best interest NOT to be working most of next year.

Well...between the frustrating days at work and the waiting game where time is running out around my internship placement, I did get to celebrate a friends Birthday.
Aimee's birthday dinner was held at Muddy Waters in B-ville. It was not the groups 1st choice, but they were willing to take our large party without a $100- deposit. Burgers....and 2 for 1 drinks it is then.





We all enjoyed each others company. 









Aimee seem to have a good time. 
































Saturday I spent at Sandy's scrapbooking. I think this was helpful. It kept my mind off some of my recent stress. She even convinced me to make it to church on Sunday. I went to church, dust flying off my bible. (Well sort of) and spent the rest of the weekend reading and floating in the pool.
Monday is back to life.....


No comments:

Post a Comment