Monday, September 3, 2018

Birthday Wine Tour.

Aug. 15-Aug. 19
Central NY, Finger Lakes




It's odd to think that just a few days ago, I was preparing to quit my job and start school in less then two weeks, and here I am about to report that this major change in my life is no more.
After several bumps in the road towards getting things lined up for my internship, MMR clearance, juggling finances, connecting with the right educators, setting up for my placement, submitting all the stuff around leaving my position, clearing out most of me desk....IT ALL CAME TO A STANDSTILL.

There was and apparently still is a delay in the contract. I blamed my placement, I blamed the school, I thought everyone was against me, I cried, I stressed, I fretted. I was still going to quit, then I wasn't sure, then I was so mad....I just wanted to be done. Then Marks medical seem to get worse. So I prayed. And...since I was not ready for placement anyways, I decided it's just best to work throughout the rest of the year and start in Jan. So.... I was back to all my old habits (During the stressful week.) overeating, and...I hate to admit...smoking, and I was doing so well, missing the gym....and a whole bunch of feeling sorry for myselves.
CHANGE IN LIFE PLANS REALLY MAKES ME CRAZY!!!!!! Even more crazy was reascending my letter of resignation....Well at least my job was happy I was staying.

Friday was welcomed with BIG OPEN ARMS.
Mark and I had a nice date night out at Turning Stone. It was just an evening away from it all. We had a nice dinner and played some slots. No big winners here, but we did get some new items from the shopping spree. A set of new pots and pans as well as a new hand held mixer. (Free)

Saturday had been planned for some time. For my friends Aimee and Kelly's birthday I offered to be the DD of a Birthday Wine Tour through the Finger Lakes.

We started the tour at Montazuma. Below are Kelly and Aimee having their first sips.
I purchased a bottle of my favorite Frog Blush..and we were off to another. Up next was Swedish Hill
 
The girls had a few more tastes and I got some Jack Ass White and Red. Just because I was the DD, didn't mean I had to miss out.


Swedish Hill even has it's own Donkey.
Up next was Knapp winery.  Things were still just getting started.




Goose watch winery. Kelly managed to smooze up to some medical students on the tour and had an extra glass of champagne along with her own bottle. She was on her way to silliness.


Buttonwood Grove was very nice. They had a band playing in the yard as well as a food truck, and by now we were getting hungry.
The girls had a taste, and then we sat on the lawn for some more cocktails. I bought some cheese curds, and fries. Kelly finished off her bottle and I headed over to feed the cow.









She was not interested in the treats I had purchased in the store. I called out to her. "Melody" and shook the bag of treats. She only lifted her head up and looked at me. I called out again. Still nothing.


Oh well, I threw the treats into her pen and hoped that eventually she made her way over to eat them.

Up next was Toro Run



They had some fun things around to check out, such as they bulls. Looking at Kelly you can tell she has had a few..


Aimee did all the tasting here, while Kelly danced....

Yep, I would say we were having a pretty good time.






Thirsty Owl. was our last stop for the day. It is not the last winery on the trail but by then one of the three of us was feeling a little bit less lucid.


It was also getting quite crowded on the trail. We seemed to run into more and more people as the day progressed. I personally was excited to visit Americana winery. (One of my favorites) but it was still several miles in the opposite direction of Kelly's home in Auburn NY and I was getting a little overwhelmed by the number of people,  Instead we headed back to Auburn for a late lunch/early dinner at Chili's and then on to Kelly's were we planned to stay in and watch horror movies.





Poor Aimee got sick and went home, Kelly fell asleep and I ended up watching The Conjuring by myself in Kelly's old Victorian dark apartment. AHHHHHH! I had to watch Gradians of the Galaxy II,  (not that I minded because I loved Groot!!!) late into the night just to shake myself from having nightmares.


Overall it was a pretty good day. I think the Birthday girls had fun too. I've thought about doing another wine tour in the future, but just like everything else that starts out fun. More and more people are attacked to it and the shear number of people makes the experience all the less fun. Or maybe it's just me, SOBER for the day. Perhaps on past trips my own intoxication had prevented me from seeing the vast number of people. At any rate, it was a fun time. The finger lakes are beautiful, the weather was perfect, and I was able to spend the day (and some of the night) with two of my bestest friends. Happy Birthday Aimee and Kelly. I hope you had fun. 

Monday at work I attended a Cultural Breakfast. We learned several things about the Arabic community. It was enlightening and I ate well. 


TTFN















No comments:

Post a Comment