Monday, April 29, 2013

Pure Romance

Sunday was spent on a little trip to my first team meeting for my new business, Pure Romance. I think I must have mentioned on here that I finally took the plunge and joined the Pure Romance team. If I hadn't....well I have. What is Pure Romance? Well, it is what your already thinking, but it already isn't what your already thinking. Yes it is adult novelties, but it's more then that. It's education and empowerment with a big dish of fun! I educate women on sexual health, empower women to feel good about their sexual choices and we have a lot of fun in the process through games, prizes a little raunchiness and time for us ladies to enjoy each others company. Is it a little bit of a stretch? Absolutely. I knew I wanted to do something different and I have always joked about it in the past, so when the opportunity came around.....and many hours of should I's? I finally did it. I already am a scrapbooking consultant and yes I absolutely love it. What I don't love is that I don't sell. Could I work it harder? I guess, but I have been trying that for six years and I typically end up being my best customer, and barely make my monthly minimum. I knew I wasn't a make up girl and I own very little jewelry, so I knew I couldn't sell that kind of stuff. I also can't cook and would rather pay $3- for a cookie sheet at the thrifty store then $50- through one of those party people, and although I LOVE candles.....I can buy those anywhere and usually with a coupon. People sell that shit all the time, but selling intimacy? Well that's the kind of stuff you can't buy, plus it's the experience. I can say it wasn't an easy choice and I have yet to reap the benefits, but I am going to give it my best effort.

So I had my first team meeting and there were a lot more people there then I expected. I quickly tried to make some new friends, participated in the questions and volunteered anytime I could. I came home with a ton of idea's, a little more nervousness but excitement, but also some positive energy, a T-shirt, decal and some small prizes to give for my first party. My first party is Friday. I have 4 people who have said yes. Three maybe four who have verbal plans of attending and 10 maybes on my invite list. Plus it looks like my friend Carol will be bringing a few friends as well. I am both TERRIFIED and excited. So here I go.....making a change and taking a risk. Yikes. Wish me LUCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment