Saturday, August 19, 2017

Diet BUST! A week of FOOD, a trip to Seneca Falls..Back to school?

Week of Aug. 10th-Aug. 18th  2017




This week has been pretty long....I had a few moments where I thought I might really loose it. But then there was Thursday and we all celebrated Amiee's birthday. Renee insisted she wear her birthday glasses all day!!!
Her cubbie was decorated and we had a dinner planned at Cheesecake Factory.
Stephanie, Becky, Barb, Annemarie,
Renee and I
Mary and of course the Birthday girl...Amiee.
Great fun with some wonderful gals. Of course I could not stick to a diet. Mac and Cheese burger...Really!
I left my phone on the table...it was hacked while I was gone. (here are some of the pictures I found.)




I think these ladies need a hobby LOL
When the cheesecake came I was so excited!!!!!
A picture with the Birthday girl.



Great fun with some of my favorite co-workers!
Fridays breakfast of champions..left over cheese cake. It was still YUMMY!
 Another hit to the diet...BBQ luncheon from SBH.

Saturday I had plans with Tammy to take a trip to Seneca Falls. This was an Outdoor women's event.


Tammy was driving....so I had time to wait. I love her but she is NOT prompt. I wasted the time taking pictures of my overgrown garden....WOW weed overtake.
I was shocked these guys (I do not know the name) had tall purple flowers coming out of them.
My barrel of flowers.Once a discounted (due to dying I suppose) pot of mixed flowers I found on the clearance cart at Lowes...is looking pretty healthy.
Another species I did not know I had. These are pretty too.
 Tammy finally arrived and we took a trip to Seneca Falls. We were to meet up with the Women Outdoors for a performance at Wesleyan Chapel . First Tammy and I took a quick tour of the National Women's Hall of fame.



The waterfall wall.
Inscribed with the signers of the Declaration of Sentiment.
and the men who supported them.
Inside the hall of fame are these lovely bronze statues.






Upstairs there is information about Women's rights.


More on how women came together for equal rights.

Some of the information.

After a quick run through the Women's Rights building, we enjoyed a performance in Wesleyan Chapel. We were told of a story of a women who was held in the American Japanese camps after Pearl Harbor was bombed. It was very interesting.

I would have liked to have explored the city a little longer after the performance...but it was RAINING and RAINING HARD!!! It finally cleared up just in time for a BBQ.

Picnic and BBQ in the garden.
One of the members of the Outdoor Women hosted a BBQ in her lovely home. (Sue). After a meal we enjoyed the lovely gardens surrounding the property.
I was informed this is a spider crab. COOL hun.

Lots of beautiful flowers and some very adorable fairy houses.














They certainly have a lovely garden,
All full on flowers, faeries and food. Tammy and I headed back towards home. First a quick stop at the Outlet Mall. I got myself a Columbia wind/water breaker for pretty cheep. It was a very enjoyable Saturday.

Sunday was a lazy day. Once the sun came out I enjoyed a leisurely swim.
 Monday: Back to work. A celebration of a co-workers baby shower and cake...made the day yummy!
What the hell...my diet has been shot anyways. Yum.
Congrats Crystal!
Tuesday: It was a typical busy day. I certainly did not lack in the "things to do" department. I have a lot of things to do especially as I have decided to return to school. Classes start in less then two weeks. I have been holding onto the possibility of one day obtaining a NY state licensing to practice therapy. My degree some several years ago in Mental Health Counseling is not compatible with the current NY state regulations. Meaning I must go back to school. BUT  could I possible work in the field on the condition I was working towards my license? Maybe. It can't hurt to try, so I applied for a position in my office clinic. CAN  YOU BELIEVE IT??? I scored an interview!!!!

Wednesday: I had taken some time off from work to "get busy" with my better late then never approach to returning to school. My plan was to register for classes.



I had spoken with University College (The part-time study program through Syracuse University) last week and confirmed it was not to late to register for the upcoming fall semester and I was also informed that the department was addressing walkin's all week.
Fortunate for me, (as I have taken courses with SU before) I was an easy in. All I had to do was register online. Sounds easier then it really is...well at least for me anyways.

The advocate I met with was not very helpful. she did provide me with where I need to go to get my ID, but promptly encouraged me to speak with a different department. (It was lunchtime after all, and I am a graduate student....I SHOULD'NT need so much support.)








The lovely lady at the financial office (I can't pronounce let alone spell the name of the brosuirs office so I wont even try.) Offered much more help.

Soon I was on my way up up up the hill to Steel Hall to obtain my student ID.


(I was sweaty and my hair was a mess...but I got that ID)


Feeling very official now....I headed back to the office to make my way through the multitude of technology that now governs all things education.

Gone are the days of paper submits and copies of class schedules.

I planned to figure it all out by myself...but it wasn't long before I had to call IT! Andrea was my tech. She was incredibly helpful and I am thinking I made her day. She took me step by step into all of the techie things I need as an Syracuse University Student. Myslice, a SU email address and Blackboard..(Where I will be finding all of my classwork stuff.). She even gave me her personal number... I must have sounded quite dim and in need of future support. I made her laugh too!!!

All set and officially registered I submitted my request for tuition at work. I was on a cloud of contentment and pure satisfaction, having made this somewhat difficult process complete.
My Bubble was SOON popped! It is unclear if my job will be paying the nearly $5 thousand dollar one course price tag this semester. I Still...wait.
I'll admit I did spend some time sulking after this news.....but pulled myself out of it..tomorrow another BIG step is taken....

Thursday I had an interview!!!! I have been expanding my wings on this whole school thing, and why not shoot the moon and go for the job my license will one day provide.

I was nervous all day....but READY to take on the interview and BLOW it out of the water.
BUBBLE #2 BURST!!!!
Although I think the interview went well, even if I was wanted for the position I cannot legally work in NY state. WAHHHH!!!!
At my current degree standing... my Masters in Counseling is simply a piece of worthless paper.
 Just after I graduated, NY state made a licensing change for the degree I had obtained. Due to my years of procrastination everything after 2010 is under the new licensing requirements. I am 12 credit hours shy of the current Masters in counseling degree according to NY state and therefore unable to apply for a permit to work within the field. I guess somewhere I always new this, but I had hoped I could have at least worked in the field as I earned it. After all I had worked in the field prior to 2010.
Needless to say Thursday became a pretty SAD day for me. I was terribly disappointed. I spent most of Thursday afternoon pouting, feeling sorry for myself and incredibly ANGRY that I had NOT addressed this many years ago.
By Friday I was better. I simply would just have to do what I have to do. I figured a timeline. If Everything goes without an error....I could officially have the NY state license in my hands by 2021. YIKES HUN? Maybe 2020 if I can use my internship hours towards the 2 years of licensing supervision hours needed.  S
Currently the plan includes...Fall semester, Spring Semester...maybe start internship #2 in the summer or Fall 2018....then be done with all my schooling by the middle or end of 2019. Apply for the permit...Work for the two years of needed supervision and BANG!!! Done 2021.
Right now I guess I will just take on what I can and that includes Course work #1,,,,and that starts in two weeks. OMG!!!
TTFN!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment