Sunday, September 3, 2017

Living the Dream.

Central NY
August 22-Sept. 2 2017

These last few weeks have been perhaps one of the most stressful times of my life. Of course I have been the sole perpetrator of that STRESS. Like most self caused stress, it has all worked out!....I did great at allowing it to ignite itself.....

 I made a last minute decision to go back to school, had a job interview, was unaware if I would be approved for remitted tuition (this had me the most stressed), made it to my very first college class in several years at one of the biggest schools in the country. Syracuse University. Took a bus full of 20 something year olds...survived day one of Counseling Assessment class, attempted to collaborate and host a weekend trip to Lake Placid (this was eventually CA, add to the normal week of usual stress from my job) and PURCHASED an RV!!!!!

YEP!!!! YEP!!! YEP!!!!
WE HAVE PURCHASED OUR FIRST RV!!!!!!! My RV dreams have officially come true.

Mark and I have been discussing getting one for years, I have been obsessing about getting one for most of my lifetime and after a non-planned Saturday morning, "lets go look and see" We had picked one out placed a deposit down and finally signed the paperwork. TA DUH!!!!

I should give Camping World a big "Thank You". Not to offend this nation wide organization, but had your company given me and my husband any attention when we entered your establishment...I would NOT be the excited owner of a new RV today.

You see,  Mark (my hubby) was not interested at all in looking at RV's. He had other plans that day. He appeased his wife (me) by going to "look" at RVs at the closest RV dealership to our home, so he could quickly take a "look see" and get out of dodge. He had horses to bet. It was the Travers race afterall...

INSTEAD....Camping World did not approach THIS couple. (Hubby and me),  no one offered any assistance in even looking at a camper, and we were totally ignored. We both did enjoy the use of the bathrooms before we decided to LOOK ELSEWHERE.

Looking elsewhere got us into a BRAND NEW 2017 Catalina Legacy. An even BIGGER Thank You to Burdick RV's. I had previously spied a few RV's at this dealership in the past, and knew this was the place I wanted to REALLY go when I convinced my husband to take a look, BUT I had no idea we would actually be going home as new RV owners.








I cannot wait for our first voyage. Now of course I can start to STRESS about what having the RV will mean.....

Despite the un-due stress. I made it to my first class and have found I am incredibly excited to be back at school. My remitted tuition was approved. (leaving a down payment for my new RV. a slush fund we had been building for some time) and LIFE IS GOOD....even better then GOOD! I am living the Dream. This may very well be our RV's Given Name. "Livin' the Dream". What do you think? TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment