Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Greek fest 2018

Syracuse, NY
Saint Sophia's
June 7th 2018

Always a good time and even better food at the Annual Greek Fest. This year, Mark had court at work, so I dragged...(Willingly) Aimee and Stefanie for some cultural fun.

We  parked off site and took the yellow school bus into the festivities. Just when did these bus's get so small?
We made a bee line to the food as the lines were stacking up quick. Every year this event seems to become more and more popular. After a bit of a wait I got my usual. although I never remember the name or how to pronounce it. I also go Mark a chicken ka-bob. His meal is shown here as I ate mine before I thought to take a pic.


Eating our yummies....
A little Greek music and dancing before heading to the desserts. I picked up "honey Balls" or loukqmathes as they are called. This was the very fist time I was aware of the origin or their real name.
I got the Large order so there was plenty to go around. The end result was dinner for my 15 year old and his friend at home. YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!
Now that I had my first week back from vacation, we have been addressing some of the demands of the house. We came home from the cruise to find a FOREST of weed growth and a lawn very much in need of mowing. Pool is now open. A little frustration happened with getting the pump to work. Thank goodness for the patience of my darling hubby or I was about to fork over several hundred dollars for yet another new one. It finally kicked over and started doing it's job.
We got the RV open and de-winterized. (Is that what they call it? or is it Summarized?) We head off to our first camping of the season on Fathers day weekend.
On Friday I taught the CORE course for new employee's with Stacey at work. Got back into the swing of everything HARP and once again re-considered what am I really doing here at this job????
Those moments, (Questioning my job) often prompts some further investigation into obtaining my license. I called NY State to inquire about if I need to do another internship or not. I am kindof stuck in limbo with the whole thing. I also sent out my SU transcript and emailed my former Adviser to set up a time to meet.
According to what I got from the State; my case has been shelved (do to inactivity) and once I submit more information this will activate a newly assigned worker to review. Whatever the answer is.....I still have 6 credits I have to find to finish the required course work. For all those years I continued to use the fact that I may need to do another internship as my excuse for NOT getting this done. Under the circumstances I really do just want that to be the last steps in getting this done. After these last two semesters of school HELL....I am not looking forward to taking any more classes. Why does this have to be so HARD?????

In the meantime.....The pool is open and I have found a cute Flamingo to swim around in it all summer. Now to get to work on the yard work, the house cleaning....and all that not so fun stuff that JUST has to be done.

TTFN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment