Wednesday, November 14, 2018

California/Mexican Vacation: Beverly Hills

Oct 18th 2018 LA continued
Beverly Hills





Although I could NEVER afford to purchase anything in Beverly Hills, a visit was required. I just needed to have the Pretty Women song playing as we strolled Rodeo Drive. The drop off point off our hop on hop off tour bus for the Beverly Hills location was a short walk from the areas one thinks of when they think of Beverly Hills, so we walked a bit of a distance in the wrong direction.
Many of the residential sections of Beverly Hills are maintained by gardeners. We saw many grooming the parkways that flag the streets. Our bus narrator offered an interesting fact about the trees on each street being the same to beautify the area.





We were soon going in the right direction and made a quick stop at the Beverly Hills Welcome center. The very nice gentleman in the office provided me with a map of the area, and a few helpful tips. Up two blocks and we were at Rodeo Drive.



The street was beautiful, several sitting areas offered a cafe style sitting area with pots full of well maintained flowers.

Rodeo Drive is basically an outdoor mall full of all those shops you think of that offer things with a very well known designer name and an even higher price tag. Names like Coach, Christian Dior and Valentino artfully scroll the well maintained arches of the shops.




Mark and I did not actually enter any of the stores along Rodeo Dr. We did however get stopped outside of a cosmetics boutique where I was asked by this incredibly tall and amazingly beautiful women, what my skin care regime was. She kindly offered a sample of her product when I reported that I currently do not use anything. She also kindly identified those bags and sags under my eyes. I declined nicely. Below is the Beverly Wilshire hotel. Famed for the Richard Gere/Julia Robert modern Cinderella story.
\
Above, One of the store fronts. Below, the Beverly Hills Bike Share. This was one of the things I was impressed about nearly everywhere we went in LA and most of California. Bike shares seem to surface everywhere. In San Diego there seemed to be scooters everywhere. (I will discuss more on this in a later post) 


This lovely court yard was a nice place to rest.
This was the only store that we actually went into. (And I do not even know the name of the store.) I saw the Grateful Dead Collection and I was hooked. That was until I took a look at the $260- price tag for a flowered shirt. WOW!!!

Below is one of the well maintained gardens flanking the residential areas.

The BOLD shown below is part of a festival held in Beverly Hills starting in November. I really don't know much more, but when I googled it, there was a calendar of events that start the festivities off with a tree lighting ceremony.
After having enough of Beverly Hills and no celebrity sightings we headed back to the tour bus ready to take the next Line. The Green Line on our way to Santa Monica. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment