Saturday, December 15, 2018

California/Mexican Vacation: Sunset Strip a visit to the clubs

Sunset Strip
Oct. 19th 2018

Once again I am loosing posts. I am not sure what I am doing, but suddenly my entire page will disappear and I will be left with nothing but what I happen to be typing. With that being said, this is the third time I am trying to post about our trip to the strip. This will be short and sweet. 


 Mark had one thing he wanted to do while in LA and that was to visit Whiskey a Go Go. 

This is the home of many early hair band of the 80's as well as many others. Mark's favorite band is Motley Crue and he had his hopes on getting a glimpse of where this band made its first music.  We took the red line from Hollywood and traveled to East Hollywood where we passed many of the earlier sights. This area is definitely the club scene. 


We made it to the bus stop and headed up a short incline to the corner where Whisky a Go Go sits.  Outside of the club there was a young man wearing all black and had his face painted white with blackened eyes. Sort of like my son's Halloween costume a few years ago. I thought it was odd both in his dress, but also that he was not inside. 


 Mark and I tried to open the doors and it was locked. What???? The website had read open!!! What is going on. We asked said painted face who reported that there was a band playing later that evening and it was closed for setting up. 

I think Mark was crushed. It was certainly a let down. We could have stayed around until the place re-opened but who knew when that may be and we still needed to make sure we caught the bus back before the day ended. 

So we took a stroll down the street to the next location Mark had wanted to visit. The Rainbow bar and lounge.


Mark got to see one of his desired places.



Soon we were heading back to Hollywood and after a quick meal headed off to the apartment to bed. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment