Sunday, March 1, 2020

A sunny frozen walk...

Ithaca NY
February 15th 2020

I have gone on a few adventures with the Women Outdoors group and I am even a member. Its great fun to spend time with like minded women out in the big backyard of nature. This weekend, I met up with members in Ithaca NY. Which is beautiful any time of the year, but a break in our local snowy conditions made for an enchanting day walking along the campus of Cornell.

We met at the botanical gardens and began our hike across the snow along side the pond.










Our event host Stacey led the group of about 8 women along the snow covered trails. It was beautiful. Cold but so lovely.



I just love how the ice and snow surround the waterfall.



This picture almost looks like it is two shots....

I love this picture
Walking along the frozen pond....

From afar, this log frozen in the water, looked like a sculpture stuck in a frozen world. The pattern on the froze water was pretty surreal. I always think frozen water resembles another planet.
At the other end of the pond we see some of the Cornell campus. This building, looking like a castle is the "Castle on the hill", one of Cornell's oldest buildings, Risley Hall.
Just adjacent to the castle is this beautiful structure, which is a dormitory. (I'm sorry I do not know the name, but how simply beautiful is this place?)
A view of the pond from the other end.
and more waterfalls, these falls are part of the damn structure.


Simply amazingly beautiful.

Once past the damn, we headed back towards where we had begun.
We walked until we hit this sign. Oops!!!
Thats okay, we will just make our way through it....


There was a small trail through the snow after all.
Well....we ended up running into a stairwell, we could not climb over, so we made our own trail up. I lead the way.



What a great day spent doing something a little bit different. I really enjoyed the campus, and I think I need to come back when it's warmer and view the lovely botanical gardens in the sunshine. Great fun outdoors with friends. TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment