Monday, June 8, 2020

Still surviving...

May 14, 2020-
Pandemic Continues....Central NY

Everyday is a new inconsistent.
Shelter in place is good...we will begin to open again.
 Death rates and Hospital visits down....highest deaths in weeks increased number of COVID positive.
We will have school on the 15th...no school for the rest of the term and maybe according to Cuomo well into 2021.
Masks are proven to decrease transmission.......masks increase possibility of face touching thus increase in transmission.
Some states are re-opening....no states will reopen until we have a vaccine.
Forced testing...testing and all of this Pandemic is against human rights.
We need to be exposed to these germs to increase immunity.....stay away and keep all germs off of you.
Shelter in place saves lives.....increased domestic violence, suicide, and addiction.
COVID has killed more people then multiple wars....the US had more deaths to other disease and most Americans were unaware.
This is the worst thing Americans have suffered in years......This is all just one big conspiracy.

It has all be so confusing. Each day I pretty much swing that same pendulum of highs and lows. After several weeks of "catching up" on TV binge watching, I finally began a stage of acceptance with the way things are and made the best of it.
 I decided to get walking.....we did have a few really beautiful days in April after all. Lets get outside.

 I headed out to a local trail called Beaver Lake.....
 It was actually pretty serine...and fairly easy to keep the appropriate 6 feet away from others.




After enjoying the woods and the lake, I headed to the village of Baldwinsville, where I found a spot to park along the Seneca river. 
 The walk was nice and peaceful. I ran into this cute little library. Leave a book, take a book. (I didn't see any I would have read, but it was a nice offer.) I also found this beautiful colored rock. (I love when I find these on my strolls).


Over the bridge and viewing the damn. 
 To my right.....
 and to my left....





 In the middle of the river is an island full of birds.





 I watched as several did dances in the air and flew themselves into the waters below for a tasty meal. I had really wished I had my camera. These would have been nice close ups.









 I'm not sure what kinds of birds were out and about, but their flight was a beautiful performance I took in for some long moments.

The next day was not so nice out....COLD, WET and Miserable. So I went to The Swiss Alps....Virtually that is......I found virtual walk through on youtube and marched.
This became a regular daily event as the weather persisted to be poor....


Then I traveled to a few more countries.....

I found I truly enjoyed Italy and since we were suppose to be there in May....why not get a country tour..

I found this great tour of the Pompeii ruins. The youtuber guide added information as we walked. It was a history lesson and a little movement.
 A little Trevi fountain action.
Back to the USA...I fell in love with Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon.... Insanely beautiful ADD THIS ONE TO THE BUCKET LIST......(mom and I already discussed a future trip)
 I took a stroll through the Louvre ........
 And took many trips to the Egyptian tombs. (I did several, this was so fun, I learned alot about the different dynasties and that there are actually several different pyramids.I guess I always just thought there were the ones by the sphynx.
 I also took a grand stroll along the London tower bridge and over to the market, there was NO way there was a 6 feet distance there.
Having spent many days walking in my livingroom, although the places I virtually visited were wonderful...I knew I needed to get back to the real outdoors...we had a few non rainy days....and I found an app called Alltrails that highlights local trails in the area. On a particularly twister like day out...Riley and I made our way to this hidden gem... 

 It wasn't a very long trail and it was not very well kept up...but it was enjoyable just the same.






 These tall trees are beautiful...but a little creepy blowing in the wind like they were that day...no twister and I really don't want to run into Lions, tiger and bears...Oh my.
 Riley and I also took a nice walk to Onondaga Lake Park. This is a popular park in the Village of Liverpool. It was very popular on this day.....I even ran into several co-workers.....






I tried to find the other side of this lake's trail, but somehow google maps took me on the thruway and simply indicated to go right....it doesn't work that way. I never did find the trail head.

Riley and I headed to Phoenix, NY one afternoon.This area is not really a trail, but there is a nice park and a walkway along the Oswego River. 

 I found a whole box of painted rocks. These stayed here as they are a part of a school project.







The area is very pretty and Riley sure enjoys all of these walks.











So grateful to finally get back outdoors..... until next time TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment