Thursday, January 7, 2021

Ice Sculptures

 Syracuse, NY 

Jan. 3, 2021

Before the new year I had purchased tickets to the Syracuse City Ice Sculpture drive through event. I had hoped my family would be interested, but when I mentioned it to them I got a big fat NO thank you. Instead I was relieved to have my two friends Brenda and Carol join me for the evenings event. 

I really had no idea what this was about or how it would work, but I was excited for something...anything new to attend. It was actually kind of nice. 


I picked up Carol and Brenda and we headed to the NY State Fair grounds for the event. 

There were some pretty neat looking pieces. 












As we drove through this lovely ice we caught up on how the Holidays had been for each other and what is happening with our lives. It was a nice relaxing and enjoyable evening away from the house. 


I have really been struggling with being stuck in my home of late. It's much to cold to go on any hikes or even enjoy the outdoors. I spent some time in my casita earlier in the week in an attempt to remove one of the chairs and it was super cold inside. I am thinking I will pull her in later this week and see if the heat works while my son helps me get the rest of the rug up. I did finalize painting all of the cabinets, but I really cant do much more with out some assistance. 






This one has to be my favorite. 
But this one is pretty cool too, it reminded me of the movie "Call of the Wild" which I recently watched. Yes, I have watched a ton of tv lately. 
My pup Riley was a reminder here too.









And then before we knew it, the evening had come to an end. Plan to try and get together and maybe walk the mall or something. Hopeful for an odd heat wave to come my way so I can spend some time outdoors. There is not even any snow...just cold. At least with snow it feels like it should be cold out. At any rate, it looks like I can look forward to a tropical get away soon as Mark and I will finally make our way to  Florida to see Ben (our son) in Feb. Its been over a year since we have seen him. This COVID has surly impacted all of our lives. Until next time. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment