Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Dude Ranch 2022

 ADK, NY

May 18th 2022

This was my 2nd trip with Tulip Travel (an organization that assist individuals with disabilities on trips) to the dude ranch. Nestled in the Adirondacks is this camp/farm/ranch. It's an all inclusive family resort called 1,000 Acres Ranch.

Driving to the ranch was beautiful. We took those small back roads surrounded by rivers, tress and mountains. Our drive from Central NY took us through these lush green trees and small ADK towns.

Once we arrived, we checked in, had a wonderful dinner in the main lodge and spent the evening relaxing, doing crafts and playing games. This relaxed evening was welcomed.
We had rooms in the hotel like building. But we have had rooms in the many cottages that line along the river. The following morning we visited with the farm animals before heading to breakfast.
Lots of chickens and some very fat pigs.


This guy was so fat he couldn't even get up to say hi.
I walked around the property enjoying the scenery. It sure is pretty. 
We had breakfast, a few games. I almost won bingo, lunch and an afternoon full of horseback riding. Our group was broken into groups, so I spent that afternoon back at the ranch for part of the day and rain prevented riding later that day. Disappointing, but we enjoyed movies in the Lodge instead.
Dinner of chicken parm was yummy, (all the food was yummy) . After dinner the ranch held a private dance party for us. 
Annette and Chris got down to the music. We had so much fun dancing and enjoying the music. I definitely burned off any of that amazing dinner that evening.

Although, I didn't get pictures. The second evening there was karaoke and I had so much fun singing. We all took our turn singing. And I would coax my fellow travelers to take their own turn. Annette and I sang Paradice By the Dashboard light. I sang Meatloafs part. I don't know how that man didn't pass out on the stage everything he was singing this song. I was able to join in on the horseback riding.
Our group has been visiting here over the years and the ranch offers rides within the ring for less experienced or nervous rides, while those who are better riders take to the trails. 
The horses are incredible. 
The trail rides are adventurous. The trails are not completely flat and often the jaunt takes you up or down steep hills. It certainly gives the rider the real cowboy or as in this ranch cowgirl experience.
 

Almost all of the hands are female at this ranch
All are very knowledgeable about the horses and riding. The lead hand did some tricks on our last visit. But this year she's pregnant. She's also moving. This will be our last encounter with her at the ranch.



We were able to get a group photo. 
I wish I could remember my horses name. I really enjoyed the ride. This is certainly a unique stay. Everyone is so nice and as always we had a great time.


No comments:

Post a Comment