Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Loverboy, REO and Styx

 Loverboy, REO and Styx

September 9, 2022


My amazing son, Nick had invited me to this concert and I was so excited to go. The show was at the amphiatheater and we found seats on the lawn directly in the center. 


I've seen Loverboy in concert several times over the years, and this was my besties favorite band when we were younger. I pretty much know every single song, word for word. 


of course I was "love'n every minute of it."





Mike Reno, Paul Dean, Matt Frenette, Doug Johnson and replacing Scott Smith is Ken Sinnaeve. 
I did a much deeper dive into Loverboy in a previous blog. So Im just going to say, this was great!
Up next was REO Speedwagon. I also saw these guys years ago at least 2x in the late 80's 




There are a number of songs, that most of us know.  "I'm going to keep on Lovin you....cause its the only thing I wanna dooooooo". 

"Can't fight this feeling....anymore",  "Keep Pushin'"



Summer Love, Our Time is Gonna Come, and Riden the Storm, Tonight to name a few. 
The band has had many members over the years, but the ever present lead Kevin Cronin (although he left for 3 years due to band conflict in 1974-1978) Dave Amato and Bryan Hitt are the current members and present for this show. 









Headliner Styx came on last, I LOVE THEM and this was the first Styx show. (I dont know how that happened.  My son loves them as well, so we both went wild when they hit the stage. 



They have so many songs that people just know and they have a beat that brings you in. One of my favorite songs is To Much Time on my Hands. 








Other great ones are Babe, Best of Times, Lady, Blue Collar Man, Mr. Roboto. 


Others are Come Sail Away, Call Me.



Dennis Deyoung (lead singer) and Tommy Shaw are possibly the most well known, but additional band members also include James Young, Chuck and John Panozzo and JC Curulewski. 
They had an amazing stage show and the music kept people on their feet. What an awesome time and I was so blessed to be offered and to go with my son. 





No comments:

Post a Comment