Friday, July 3, 2015

ichiban

Ichiban's
Monday May 4th 2015
I have heard about Ichiban's restaurant since I was a child. I just never went. Why had I never went? Well #1. My father's not so fond of anything other then American food (me too) and #2. I was under the impression it was an expensive meal. (which it was but so totally worth it.). When the girls...opps sorry the Ladies heard I had never been we had to go. Apparently it was a few people's favorite and an absolute great eating adventure. Below the pretty lite tree in the lobby.
Nancy and I started off with a cocktail. I had the Geisha Delight.

Once seated, we start out with soup.
and salad. I was good with the soup, but the ginger dressing on the salad was toooo much for me.
Then the chief comes out and the entertainment begins.
He did a little egg dance balancing it every so effortlessly on his spatula the he would through the egg up in the air crack it as it fell and it would land perfectly on the fryer..


Now for the fried rice. (My absolute favorite of the whole meal.)
Our plates and dipping sauce (not my favorite but Nancy loves it..)
See he LOVES the fried rice too.
I could have ate this all night long...but there was more...
Here comes the main course....the meats.



While he cooked he juggled the meats and cut the pieces up including the shrimp that he cut the tails off which he threw up and had land nicely in his shirt pocket.

Fried Shrimp..that I gave to Nancy
and chicken which was divine...
you would have thought the MEAL was done...but there was more,.
Bean sprouts and mushrooms...(I LOVED the mushrooms.)
notice my plate is emptying as I go along. There was not much that my picky eating would not take a bite on. I even ate the zucchini and other veggies. Here is our burning hearts.
In the end, we all got a burning heart...see the smokey outline.
and here is the ladies all full of great food.
The evening meal ended with a calming cup of tea and full bellies.
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment