Friday, July 3, 2015

Vera House Clothesline Project 2015.

Destiny Mall
April 20th 2015

This was the third year I had volunteered to assist with the Vera House Clothesline Project . This year they had a special opening evening presentation. I took the exert from the Vera House website
 "...a performance by Grammy award winning artist, Joanne Shenandoah.  Ms. Shenandoah has captured the hearts of audiences all over the world with praise for her work to promote universal peace.  “I decided to partner with the Vera House to bring attention to the great work they do,” stated Joanne Shenandoah.  “This past year as Co-Chair for the Attorney General of the United States on Children Exposed to Violence, I understand we must begin healing in our communities.  We need to learn how to live in balance with one another and the natural world.” The opening event will conclude withchocolate fondue for all attendees donated by The Melting Pot."
A few words from the commissioner chair. ( I am so sorry I do not recall his name.)
http://www.verahouse.org/domestic-violence-sexual-assault/survivors/clothesline
I volunteered at the the information booth. This gave me an opportunity to provide information about the Vera House services and sell item while taking donations. Below are some of the shirts.








Then the show began. She sang beautify.



There was also music from the wind instrument that was amazing. 


It was a lovely evening that help to support a good cause while reaching out and giving victims a voice. I sure hope I can participate again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment