Sunday, May 20, 2018

Hiking Butermilk falls

Buttermilk Falls
Ithaca NY
May 6th 2018

My mother celebrated her 70th Birthday on April 24th while I was in Disney. All she wanted for her Birthday was an outdoor hike. (I really did try to make more of it) Outdoors was all she wanted and she decided on Buttermilk falls. She also got a day at the spa with a massage. 
This park is beautiful. Mark and I stayed there for a camping trip last summer and did some hiking. This time we didn't stay over and it ended up being myself, the dogs, Nick (my eldest) and my mother.
We picked a perfect day to go. No rain a little sun and not to hot.


The falls were moving very nicely this year too.




A good majority of the hike is uphill and a tons of steps. We went slowly and Riley (my husky) made the climb easier as he pulled most of the distance.

Having had a late start to the area spring, we were all pleased to see some growth of flowers and plants. Is it true we may not see another snow day?
The gorge that the trail follows runs along several waterfalls.


I caught this little cutie with lunch. 


Taking a break along the trail.



More falls along the way. Riley went for a dip in the cool waters too. Peanut was not having it.

Nick brought his little drone and did some playing around with this in the gorge.


Pretty cool shots. 



Looking down at my mother and Nick


Nick climbed down into the cool water.






Its a long way down.




We enjoyed the 2.5 mile hike around the gorge and had a Micky D's picnic lunch before heading back to home. It was a nice hike and a very enjoyable day with my mother and son. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment