Thursday, July 26, 2018

Crazy Stressful week, a wedding, & 25 years of TS

July 21-July 22nd
Central NY/ Sylvan Beach and Verona NY

This is cake!


I finally committed to full time school, met with my potential intern supervisor, spoke with my current supervisor and reached out to Oswego State University regrading registration. My possible resignation date is Aug. 24th. Classes start the last week in Aug. My class being Tuesday afternoons from 3-6pm. It looks like everything is a go...BUT there is always SOME issue when it comes to me...so why would I think that this process would go smooth?
Monday was my interview for my placement. It was clear that I was in. Tuesday, I had not heard back from the school. I spoke with Admissions, the graduate office and registration...all said I had to speak with a certain someone. No answers.  I had been waiting all last week and decided that I needed an answer by Tuesday. I found out that I need to reapply and there is a HOLD on my account for missing MMR results. WOW! I make a quick call to my Primary get scheduled for blood work and send the $5- to my undergraduate school for transcripts. Then the fax breaks, and the blood work takes several days.
These are small things I am sure, but they make me crazy. I just what to be all set so I can take the next steps. All these steps determine my future and I am to old to let the time continue to tick away.
My hope is by next week I will have everything all set and can officially resign from my job and have everything in place for school. Crossing my fingers as I really create my own stress around dealing with this.

This weekend was less stressful and I embraced all that was RELAX.
Saturday we had a wedding to attend in Sylvan Beach. The wedding of Josh and Lea.

Mark and I got lost on our way to the ceremony, but thankfully did not miss anything!


Some of us enjoyed photo shots next to the lake before the ceremony.





And soon the wedding began.....
Lea is the daughter to my friend Bonnie, also David's niece and she once worked with me. Bonnie was pregnant with her when we were all still in High School. It's amazing to see them all grown up.




It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

 





These cuties are she and Josh's children.




Kiss the Bride. ...




Having fun,

some more shots.

Mark and I did not make it to the reception. We had an invite to the Turing Stones 25th year celebration.

After checking into The Lodge, we did a little gambling, some swimming and enjoyed the hot tub before the 25th dinner celebration. There was a band, open bar, a fun photo booth a 25th anniversary give away and an amazing buffet style dinner.


Mark got two BLUE boxes. Blue boxes is Tiffany's. Inside were two crystal wine glasses.
We also got a CRUISE voucher. After some discussion, Mark and I are thinking an Alaskan cruise this time.
A late night cocktail in the VIP room and some more gaming, and we were soon fast asleep in the room for the night.
The following morning we enjoyed a nice walk around the grounds. There were several golfers out early too. Mark is a golfer, I have never learned. We often talk about getting me schooled. It has just never happened.


The backside of the Lodge. Isn't it beautiful?


A stroll through the gardens.

We decided on breakfast at Wildflowers. Best decision ever. The setting was so intimate and the food was incredible. Mark had fresh squeezed OJ and we had a sample smoothie.

Breakfast was INSANE. Mark had a traditional eggs, bacon, toast and hash browns. I had the Banana Foster French toast. SOOOOOOO GOOOD!!!!
There was so much left over too, I got to enjoy it as my dinner later.
After breakfast I hit up the pool and hot tub. I had the whole place to myself. Ahh!!!! Quite an enjoyable weekend.
Stay tuned for the last minute ticket to Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie....TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment