Monday, June 10, 2019

May looks promising: Lake Placid NY

May 5-12, 2019
Central NY, Lake Placid NY

Work celebrated its annual Cinco De Mayo luncheon on Friday. I ate, but I didn't enjoy. I only had a short moment to get my taco and run back to my internship and address MOUNDs and MOUNDS of paperwork. It looks like that is what I will be doing until my very last second on May 17th. (Holding my breath).
I'd like to say that I spent Star Wars day watching the movies, or even watching the horses run the Kentucky Derby, but instead I sat around the house feeling sorry for myself and wishing that these next few weeks would hurry up and get over. This internship is seriously KILLING me. I spent 7 hours on Friday doing paperwork and I am still not caught up. I am still 1 hour shy of my needed direct hours but I am nearly 50 hours over the 300 hours I needed to meet requirement. I am not sleeping, I am an emotional mess, I have gained about 10 pound. I am not home for dinner and we have been eating junk. I cry at at drop of a hat, I am a total mess. Can you imagine your entire schedule block out to do paperwork on notes you have already completed, but need to be reviewed by your supervisor. I want to die. Anyways. Happy Star Wars. Luckily this week I am going on a trip with my co-workers for the annual CM conference in Lake Placid.

Barb, Becky and I left Syracuse around 8am to get to Lake Placid in time for the pre-conference for the Annual Care Management Conference of NY State.
We stopped for Lunch in the Village of Lake Placid at Brown Bear dinner. The lake that surrounds the village is not actually Lake Placid, we were told this is really Mirror lake. 

 I had a delish burger and fries. (Nothing new here).




 This was the view from our hotel. Beautiful hun.


 Once we checked in for both the conference and the hotel. I went the pre-conference and met up with Barb and Becky after for a little tour of the town. We headed to the Olympic ski jump, which was closed (We later found out that all of the Olympic were closed due to refurbishment)

We decided to stop at the local winery. They have a Swedish Hill winery. Becky did some sampling. I knew what I wanted.  A bottle of wine.


We also visited an antique store. I found an original 1980's Olympic post card for my collection and told the girls about my ice hockey crush. Rob McClanahan.
We headed up to White Face Mountain. This is the area where the skiing is located. It was kind of creepy, Noone was around. We even joked about getting stuck in the gates as it was open when we entered. Scary to think that it might be closed on our return ride down the mountain. The access road to the top of the mountain was closed for the season.
 Just hanging out on the ski lift.

 There were some lovely rivers that ran along the road and we tried to go for a hike, but there were no open hiking areas where we looked, and the gorge was closed.


 After some disappointing (Nothing was open) touring we headed back to the village to locate Stacey and have some dinner. We started with a few cocktails at ZigZags.

Stacey joined us. (I sure do miss her) She had also been attending the conference with her new job.


We had dinner at Smoke Signals. IT WAS THE BESTEST!!!! Highly recommend. Yummy BBQ restaurant. 



 After dinner we walked Stacey back to her hotel on the far end of the village strip.


 We got a few fun pictures in along the way.

Barb, Becky and I made our way back to our hotel where we spent the rest of the evening in the pool and hot tub. Ready for tomorrow's Conference. 
Day 2:
 We had a fire drill in our hotel last night...this made for a sunny wake up this morning. Luckily breakfast was incredible. YUM After we made our way down the hill to the conference center located in the 1933 Olympic ice rink.
After the speaker.(I actually think that is him in the background, funny I did not notice this before.)


Cocktails in the room before an evening of fun in the village.
We met up for some village shopping, dinner and the 80's dance Party. We had dinner at the Upstairs Grill. (It was not my favorite meal of the trip.)

Ice Cream as an after dinner snack....


 We met up with Sulaf and Walaa at the dance party. Notice that there is NO ONE ELSE HERE!!!!
 I did the electric slide for the first time is forever before we decided that this was just not any FUN and headed to Rumors bar in the village.

 The cocktails were 2-4-1. We made sure to get in on that deal.

 At the end of the evening. We all waited for the shuttle to make its way around the village. Here is everyone.
 Delanie, Kelsey, Stacey, Becky, Me, Andrea, Liz, Barb and Nikki.  More shannagans happened back at the hotel


Day 3:
Our last day in Lake Placid was spent in session.
We enjoyed a little down time before heading back to Syracuse.


No comments:

Post a Comment