Saturday, June 18, 2022

Ultimate Orlando: Sea World, Aquatica, Bush Gardens, & Universal.

 Orlando, Florida

December 9th-16th 2021



Two days home went by so fast and I was off again on another Tulip Travel trip. This one, the longest time away from home. In total it was 8 days. The trip was Ultimate Orlando. 5 theme parks and so much FUN! Below is me at the airport leaving NY.

(I brought this rock with me and hid it at Universal.)
We have continued to stay at the same hotel and this has been nice. I know where I am and what is expected. After the flight we settled into the hotel and got some much needed rest after a long day of traveling. Dinner and bed tonight. 
Our first day of fun was at Sea World. This was my first time at this park and I was extremely excited about the adventure. 



I just love all the Holiday themed parks. This tree was beautiful. We got some great pictures of the guys in front of it for their own memories. 


First up were the Flamingos. They are so PINK. I have recently learned that it is the fish they eat that make them that pink color. They are born a grey color. 



Up next we headed to the aquarium. (Since it is Sea World, there are several of these as you can imagine.)

There were several viewing areas. 




And sharks overhead.








After some aquatic views, we got to watch the Sesame Street show. Some of my childhood favorites graced us on the stage.



Am I so old that there were a few characters that I do not recognize.






Awe Grover!!!

I just love the Holiday themes. 
Annette and I ready for the Whale show. 
I love this stuff. 

Look at the BEAUTY!!!!!


The last time I have watched a whale show was in Canada's Marineland. This was before the terrible accident where a whale had killed a performer/trainer. I don't believe they allow the trainers to ride and swim with these guys ever since. I didn't miss it. I really loved just watching these guys swim around.


As we waited in anticipation for the whales GRAND finale, NOTHING happened. The sepenceful music increased the anticipation.....here it is. Then NOPE. These guys were not playing today. We never got to see the great BIG splash that these whales use to capture prey. Apparently Orca's in the wild work as pairs to direct prey by causing gigantic splashes of water in certain directions. These guys dont need to catch prey despite the fact that they are truly wild animals. They did not want to preform today. 
After the whales we made our way to the penguin house and enjoyed these cute little guys. 








One more aquarium before we headed for the exit and shopping.





This place has a ton more attractions, along with rides and more shows. (Seal lions). But you can't do it all, especially when you have a group the sizes that we have on these trips.  So we said goodbye to this beautiful place, until next time. 




Day 3: Aquatica 

Another park that I had not visited. This theme park is part of Sea World and Bush Gardens and is actually a waterpark. I actually had never heard of it before this trip. We had a full day of splashing in the wave pool and taking on the lazy river.

All I can say is what a beautiful park. This water park is simply pretty with a ton of different areas to spend hours enjoying the sun and the water. 

Before we made our way to a nice spot to sit by the wave pool we visited these guys. The Commerson Dolphins, they often swim upside down. These guys were new to me and pretty stinking cool. 



We found a nice section close to the wave pool and had the place pretty much to ourselves. Several of us did some swimming and awaited the waves to start coming. I just love these wave pools. After some fun in the pools we headed off to the lazy river where we tried to link together in our innertubes and enjoyed the world as we passed by. There are several other water themed activities such as the water sides and such, but we were content on these two activities before the day was up. 

It was a ton of water fun.


Day 4: Bush Gardens

On our fourth full day we went to Bush Gardens. I loved this park.

This place is a nice blend of zoo and theme park with a ton of animals and rides to enjoy. We were greeted by this BIG guy! Nothing says Florida then a big old alligator. Ans This GUYS is BIG!
The gorilla enclosure was perhaps my favorite part of the day. Unique to me is the ability to watch such beasts. Our local zoo has monkeys and such, but not these very humanistic fellows. 

We spent some time just watching them interact.


We were able to watch the Holiday show. Talk about AMAZING! This ice skating show had me on the edge of my seat just waiting for one of the flying gals to suddenly fall of a spin and fly into the audience. 
It was Insane and a great show too.


We took the train ride through the park which offered up an opportunity to see some animals as well as learn about the many rollercoasters through out the park. 







More Penguins. I simply love these guys.


The Bush Gardens theme parks do not provide paper maps. (either due to COVID or to limit paper production, I'm not sure) So I had to get a picture to help me see the park layout. I do not do very well with all these new apps and things. 




It was a wonderful day at this beautiful park. Like all of the things we do with Tulip Travel, I had a great time. I just (as in my nature) we had done more. 


Day 6:  Islands of Adventure.

Day 6 was a return to islands of Adventure. Since I was just here last week. I wont go into to many details, but to say there are a few of my favorites and of course we rode them. We actually did a fair share of these two parks. Universal/Island of Adventure is one of the parks that offers skip the line services for people with disabilities and this has granted us an opportunity to take in many more attractions then some of the other theme parks. We had a wonderful time at this park. 






















We got to see the show again too. I just love that Grinch!

That evening we had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe in City Walk. 


The food is never anything to write about, but the museum like surrounding is always fun. 






Of course this was one of my favorite displays of musical history. Pink Floyd. One of my favorite groups. 


Another Wonderful day enjoying Florida was had by all. 



Day 7: Universal Studios
Our last park day was spent at Universal Studios. 


Again, since I was just here last week, I wont give many details. I will preficit that I always have a good time at Universal. 


Glad we did Shrek. It has officially closed down. Goodbye old friend. 

The animal show was new to me. We had not gone last time, but this was a definite must see. These animals were simply adorable.




The ET ride is a classic and another do not miss. 

Any of the action rides are fun. one of my favorites. Who am I kidding I loved almost all of these rides. 



Fast and the Furious. 











The Holiday Parade









The Monster Cafe. Apparently this historic staple is going away. Not sure if it is gone forever, but closed for now. 


one more time on the Minions. 










I had promiced the guys I would get them Voodoo Doughnuts, so I had left the group early to get in line for a dozen. I had tried the day before but the line was so long, we had not had time to get them. 

They are a unique doughnut. We had cupcakes too. No wonder I am squished on the plane. 


Great days were had at all these them parks. 

Day 8 & 9: We spent the last two days catching up by relaxing and heading home. Our hotel had a mini golf and a pool so we did both of these activities and simply relaxed before our last day which was spent traveling home. I am so blessed to be a part of this group of travelers. I have so much enjoyed my time with Tulip Travel. Thanks Chris, Annette, Eddie and Leo!!!!





















































No comments:

Post a Comment