Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Earth, Wind & Fire And Santana

Earth Wind and Fire/ Santana 
August 17th 2022

Wow...what a great time was had at this summer concert held at the Amphitheater. Oldies but goodies!!!! EWF and Santana. I went with Carol.

Up first was Earth Wind and Fire, we all stood up and danced danced danced.


With songs like September, Shining Star and After the Love has gone the crowd went wild. Did you know that they actually say, "ba dee ya" in the song September? I didn't I dont know what I thought they were saying, but it certainly was not ba dee ya. 



The music continued with Can't let you go, Got to get you into my Life, Let's Grove and of course BOOGIE WONDERLAND. The place was on fire. I didn't realize that these guys had so many of the hits that I knew. I really had fun with this. 

Although Santana was the big ticket band, I think that the place actually started to decrease in numbers once Carlos hit the stage. Not because it was Santana, but I do believe that many people had come just to hear Earth Wind and Fire. I'll admit, I only knew some of Santana's songs from way back and no he did not disappoint. 

I just didn't realize that he has continued to produce and create songs, so there was a sprinkle of the classics, such as Black Magic Women, Oye Commo Vi, and Evil Women, but there were a ton of songs I had never heard. 


Not that I can't enjoy a show with music I've never heard, but I am one of those concert goers who enjoys singing along with the band and dancing my fool head off. 


Much of his new stuff is very tribal and more of a sit and listen then a lets get up and dance and sing kind of a style. He has new members of the band as I guess is expected, but it really has a different flair. 
He still has that amazing guitar style and WOW!




I dont know what I was expecting, it was still a great show, but I had much more fun dancing to Earth Wind and Fire. Great time and I have no regrets. I thinks its amazing that some of these much older bands continue to tour and blow out such amazing music. I feel so fortunate to be a part of it all. The fact that these bands were at Woodstock, the same year I was born. that blows my mind.  Great performances all around. 


















TTFN
 

No comments:

Post a Comment