Sunday, April 14, 2024

Mckenzie Childs: Like being in Wonderland

Aurora NY
November 15, 2022

In the small town of Aurora NY is this amazing place called Makenzie Childs. Perhaps you have heard of it. I have done another blog on the place for their annual Barn sale, but this was the first time I had simply gone to their store. 


Now, I should inform you all that 99% of what is in this store is NOT in my personal budget. This is not to say, that I would not LOVE to acquire 99% of the items in this store because it is all beautiful, and there are people who make room in their budgets for these items, I am simply not one of them. 

Although incredibly tempted. 



Generally, you can tell a MC piece by the checkered pottery pieces that are hand painted uniquely on each piece. I do believe that QVC or one of those home shopping networks does sell these sets at what may be a much more reasonable way of affording them. I personally own only a salt and pepper shaker and a wine topper. None the less. It is fun to dream, to wish and to just simply take in all of these amazing pieces of art made for daily use at ones home. The whole place makes me think of Alice in wonderland....
I do not recall if this incredible doll house is for sale or not, but the detail is astonishing. 

How could I simply shrink down and move myself in? It is charming. Oh Alice, where is the wrong side of the mushroom or perhaps it is the cookies you ate?


Only a dream Alice, we are here....under a tree. A Makenzie Child's Christmas tree that is.

Look there....the white rabbit has been spotted. 
I doooo believe it is Tea TIME...and a very happy unbirthday to you.

I'm late Im late......


Alice did not meet up with a moose, but I am convinced that Lewis Carroll would have, had he seen this guy. 



These wine pouring monkeys could easily be named Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. 





The Queen of Hearts has been seen roaming around the area as both these two have lost their heads. "Off with their heads". 
Even the bathroom has a bit of wonder to it.

The grounds at MC continues to carry the enchanted charm of a story book.




There does not seem to be a hookah smoking caterpillar but this sheep looks mighty suspicious. 

This barn is so charming...I can almost in vision Alice's arms and legs popping out the windows. 
The bells on this garden gate are singing like the flowers all in a golden afternoon. 

What wonder. I simply enjoyed spending time in this magical place and feeling like little Miss Alice in her amazing wonderland adventure. TTFN









































 

No comments:

Post a Comment