Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Buffalo Bills

Buffalo Bills Trip- Buffalo NY
December 10-December 12 2022

This was a Tulip Travel trip. I had never seen a professional football game in my life and I was super excited. We left central NY and made our way to our hotel and had a nice dinner at Tully's. Annette and I enjoyed the hotel pool and hot tub later that evening. 

The following day after breakfast, we made our way to the stadium. We had to wait in a long long line of cars just to get into the parking lot. 



These pumpkin guys were in someone 's lawn with RIP. 



The plan was to get to the stadium and pre-game by tail gating a nice lunch. There were a ton of other people with the same thoughts....but none of us remembered that it is December in NY and it is cold out, and to make it worse, it started to RAIN. 



We tried to make the best of it. But I was bummed.....It was cold and the wetness just made it worse. Lunch was good though. 

We finished up lunch and made our way into the stadium. It was so crowded. It was insane actually. The lines to the bathroom were miles long. People were crazy, drinks were flowing and the nuts were out. 

We got to our seats, and soon the game was about to begin. Now, all I can say is the energy was infectious. Fighter jets flew over us and fire works went off and then the entire place lit up. The roar of the crowd engulfed me and I was taken over with the spirit of winning. LETS GO...BUFFALO
The music rang, fireworks boomed and out came the Buffalo team....




The cold wetness no longer mattered, the excitement of the game had me all heated up. WOOOOOO, here we go. 





Yes, I can totally feel the lure. People were up on their feets screaming and yelling. The fan base was off the charts. 



They were playing the NY Jets. Now, I do not know a thing about football. I like to watch the superbowl and I usually root for the underdog. I have some idea about the rules, but otherwise I have no idea about the players, the teams or what was really going on for most of the game. I actually found that I could not keep track of where the ball went. 


So 90% of the time, I didn't know what had happened. I decided that although being here was indeed fun and the excitement was insane, if I really want to watch a football game and know what the hell is going on, Id better watch it on tv. I felt like you would see the ball be thrown on you would see someone go down, but you never really knew unless the audience had a moment of pure delighted screams that any points were scored. 


Overall it was a great time. I do wish it hadn't been so cold and wet. 



Buffalo won 20 to 12 in the end and we couldn't have asked for a better final, Getting out of the stadium was a nightmare, and then my group couldn't locate the van, but we finally all made it back to the hotel for the night and were proud to call Buffalo our team for the day. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment